Why Go Green?
It’s simple to begin making a positive impact on our environment. The truth is that every single thing we do each day has an impact on the planet. The good news is that as an individual you have the ability to control most of your choices from where you live to what you buy, eat, and use to light your home. Therefore, you can have a global impact. This will affect your health, bank account, and condition of the future. Try to start out simple by changing one thing in your life at a time. Begin to “Green your Routine” and make your daily activities more environmentally friendly.
- Take showers instead of baths.
- Turn off the water while you lather up.
- Repair any leaky faucets or toilets.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
- Don't waste drinking water.
- When washing clothes or dishes, make it a full load not a partial.
- Use green cleaners. Make your own cleaners using baking soda, vinegar, and tea tree oil, or choose least-toxic alternatives.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Install a low-flow showerhead.
- Use recycled, processed-chlorine-free toilet paper and tissues.
- Fill a milk jug with stones and place it in your toilet tank to displace water.
- When you’re done with your computer, turn it off.
- Turn off lights when you are not in a room.
- Instead of buying bottled water, reuse water bottle.
- Take your own bags to the grocery store or any other stores as well.
- Maintain your central a/c by cleaning the outside compressor with a garden hose.
- Reflective window film can help reduce heat gain during the summer.
- Use a hose nozzle and turn off the water while you wash your car. This will save more than 100 gallons.